Re: OAMP Etc.

Fred,

Interesting that you should suggest this.  Oddly enough, having
redundant fiber turns out to be cheaper for protocols that do not have
active flow control.  People, operations costs, cost the carriers more
than making use of "spare" capacity when liquidated damages are part of
most service level agreements.

Link aggregation at L2 does not always map L3 path route aggregation
because "over subscription" can not be controled in the case of a
partial "link route" failure.  In the case using active flow control
over bridged, not routed systems, "over subscription" should be
controlable.  This is one of the differences between what some people
are used to accepting as the cost of doing business, and people who are
always chalanging the "religiously accepted" way of thinking.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum