Re: Long distance links

Bill,

I'm interested for the educational value. If it's short enough, just post it to
this reflector. Otherwise, send it to David Lay to upload it with a separate
link.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

"Bill St. Arnaud" wrote:

> Roy:
>
> Although there is no 802.3 WAN standard we do have GbE switches from vendors
> that have 23 db lasers ( i.e. will drive over 100 km on G.652 fiber).  The
> more common alternative is to use Gbe laser transceivers from a number of
> suppliers.  These also come with 20-23 db lasers
>
> No co-location space is required except at the node where the customer's
> fiber interconnects to a DWDM channel, currently IP over SONET
>
> Shortly we are issuing an RFP for a "customer empowered network".  Please
> send me an e-mail for those who are interested in a draft copy
>
> Bill
>
> Bill St. Arnaud
> Senior Director Network Projects
> CANARIE
> bill.st.arnaud@xxxxxxxxxx
> +1 613 785-0426

Richard Taborek Sr.    Tel: 650 210 8800 x101 or 408 370 9233
Principal Architect         Fax: 650 940 1898 or 408 374 3645
Transcendata, Inc.           Email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1029 Corporation Way              http://www.transcendata.com
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4305    Alt email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx