Re: Are striping and coding separate issues?

Vipul,

Yes. Absolutely. For example, for the Hari proposal, the proposed transmission
code could have been scrambled, 4B/5B or MB810 instead of 8B/10B.

Give any Hari transmission code choice the methodology for assigning XGMII data
to Hari lanes as well as Serial PMD transmission code and data assignment are
all independent issues.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Vipul Bhatt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Do we agree that striping and coding are separate issues? Can we assume
> that both striping schemes equally favor the implementation of the
> various coding schemes we have been discussing?
>
> Just making sure, especially from the perspective of a Serial PMD,
> where the four stripes of data must be blended before being encoded for
> serial transmission.
>
> Thanks,
> Vipul
>
> vipul.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 408-548-1000

Richard Taborek Sr.         Tel: 408-330-0488 or 408-370-9233
Chief Technology Officer                   Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation             Email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2500-5 Augustine Dr.           Alt email: rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054