Re: 8b/10b and EMI

Hi Rick,

I think you missed Joe's point.  He makes reference to a 1-mm hole.
that is the size hole you would have if you routed only the
bare fiber through the hole.  This implies usage of a buried
module, or a module with a fiber pigtail.  In either case, the
fiber is routed through a metal plate, significantly removed from
the LASER diode and driver.  The plate is generally constructed as
a buried wall in the chassis, with a second bulkhead used to mount
connectors.

Regards,

Ed Grivna
Cypress Semiconductor