RE: XAUI and 64b/66b

Roy,

Thanks for taking the trouble to draw a diagram. I think I
understand the point you are making, but it is difficult to
reconcile your diagram with what is generally accepted as
network-speak. The XGMII is an interface, not a functional layer. As
such, it cannot have anything  inside it. Interfaces don't have any
"thickness".

I think you can remove your "container" description of XGMII and
still make your point.

Thanks,
Vipul

vipul.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx