Re: PAM-5, what are your BERs ?

Ed,

Bingo!

However, it is not FEC that is t the core of the issue. The real culprit is
MultiLevel encoding which may require FEC to achieve technical and economic
feasibility as a 10 GbE PHY.

I am very happy to see optical experts like yourself taking a look at how
different MultiLevel signaling is from traditional binary signaling, noting the
advantages, and helping to resolve the issues that arise.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Edward Chang wrote:

> Jaime:
>
> text deleted...
>
> The inclusion of the FEC will bring new issues to the specifications.
>
> Of course, those issues can be resolved.
>
> Regards,
>
> Edward S. Chang
> NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
> EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Tel: (610)292-2870
> Fax: (610)292-2872

Richard Taborek Sr.               Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer           Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                 Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.             rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx <= NEW!
Santa Clara, CA 95054          http://www.nSerial.com <= NEW!