RE: SONET/Ethernet clock tolerance

Dave,

Thank you for your understanding.  I will appreciate your effort.
Please be sure that the gate count itself would be one of the
columns of the comparison list between your WAN-PHY with
SONET-framing and our XGENIE approach.  I think we had better
cover broad raange of interests as wide as possible, such as
	gate count
	buffer memory, delay
	easy implementability, flexibility
	WAN compatibility
	LAN compatibility
	and so on.
These information would be quite helpful for the community to make
the consensus.  I know that some of the above columns would be hard
to be quantitative, so please be not too quantitative in your gate
count; I just want to know the order of how lighter it would be.

I will show you a preliminary gate count estimation for our XGENIE
approach, at least until the next Ottawa Meeting.  My colleague
Kenji Kawai of NTT and I will work hard to complete it in this April.

Thanks again,
Osamu

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/email/msg02303.html