Discussions on price/cost

Let us make this simple.

Have you ever heard of "cost fixing?"

The guidelines are quite simple. We don't talk about prices; we avoid any possibility of being accused of "price fixing." We talk about costs in relative terms only, preferably normalized to "1". The implications of any other discussion threatens our ability to continue as a standards body and this we can not tolerate.

If this is disagreeable to anyone, I suggest the following: personally pay for legal counsel to write an expert opinion (brief) in behalf of the IEEE standards organization on the specific implications of anticompetitive law on a standards body. We can submit this to the IEEE's legal counsel for their consideration. If anyone would like to do this, contact me directly at the address or phone number below.

jonathan

p.s. As you can see, I agree completely with Geoff's append. Let us honor his input here. In short, "Just Do It"
Jonathan Thatcher,
Chair, IEEE 802.3ae (10 Gigabit Ethernet)
Principal Engineer, World Wide Packets
PO BOX 141719, Suite B; 12720 E. Nora, Spokane, WA 99214
509-242-9000 X228; Fax 509-242-9001; jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx