RE: Subject: Survey of lengths of installed optical fiber cable

When we discussed this topic a year ago, there was definitely a group
advocating a "jumpers" type solution. However, I thought the outcome of the
discussion was, though we standardized the CX jumper solution in 1 gig,
there has been little (if any) actual customer demand for CX equipment.
Therefore, we didn't want to spend cycles on a "jumper" solution for 10 Gig.

Walt
Walter Thirion
Chair, IEEE 802.3ae PMD Sub-Task Force
301 Congress Ave.