Re: Nomenclature update

[Date: 05/30/2000  From Seto]

Brad,

It is just my personal opinion.  I'm not sure how this has been defined in
 IEEE802, but I feel that in 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and so on, the letter
'M' describing 'Megabit per second' is somewhat hidden.  It is not that it
 was non-existent.  According to this theory, the 10Gi Ethernet can be
called '10GBASE-xxx' rather than '10kBASE-xxx'.
I think it is much easier for users/market to understand.  People usually
do not say '10kilo Megabit per second'.  They would just say "10Gigabit
per second."

Sincerely,
Seto