RE: PMD discussion

Ed:

Today I need 3 solutions: very very short reach like 10 meters, 200 to 300
meters on installed 62.5 micron fiber, over 40 km but ideally 70 km on SM
fiber.

The first I can solve without a IEEE 802.3ae a standard. for the 2nd, only
1310 WDM works. For the third, 1550 nm serial is optimal. I am not sure I
am ready to choose a 4th but I would lean toward 1310 nm serial.

Bruce