RE: PMD discussion

Paul,

You touched on a key point.  To quote you, "The norm is likely a choice
between a small subset that is targeted for their needs."  I see this as
applying directly to what we need to work on.  If there is something
available from another standards body (i.e. VSR VCSELs), then I would prefer
to leave that effort in that standards body especially if it doesn't broadly
satisfy our criteria.  I think there is a small subset that the IEEE needs
to standardize that we (I'm talking 100% majority) believe we should focus
our effort on to meet our objectives while providing a small subset to
satisfy our customer's needs.

Cheers,
Brad