RE: 3PMD Proposal

All:

Just to remind all of us, that for the installed base 62.5 um MM fiber, the
850 nm CWDM PMD will provide 100 meter, or shorter jumper cables to serve
the 10GbE market needs anytime soon.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
EChang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: (610)292-2870
Fax: (610)292-2872

Andy,

Please note that pulling new fiber is a small fraction of the total system
cost. Customers have already been installing the new multimode that will be
used today for 1000BASE-SX, and can be upgraded to 10000BASE-850nm in the
future. The bulk of 10 GBE port sales will occur after 2002. By that time,
there will be a significant and growing installed base of the new multimode
fiber.

Regards,

John George
Lucent Technologies