RE: Nomenclature slides...

Chris,

Does that mean you'll support whatever the box vendors want?  As a box
vendor and a PMD end customer, I would hope PMD vendors would be willing to
support what this box vendor feels is required to best serve the needs of my
customers.

As an individual participating in the development of an IEEE standard, I can
understand the merits of the 850nm proposals from a marketing perspective.
Being that this is an IEEE standard with objectives and criteria to meet in
the development of the standard, I have to weigh those against what I feel
is in the best interest of the development of the standard and the
development of the 10 GbE market.  Given that, this individual from a box
vendor company feels that the 1310nm WDM, 1310nm serial and 1550nm serial
best meets the objectives and criteria of P802.3ae.

Thanks,
Brad