Re: 64B66B bit ordering

Rick,

Let me try again. I'm referring to the order of the words
received from the XGMII.

Let's call the 32-bit word transferred on clock tick N,
WORD[N] and the word transferred on clock tick N+1,
WORD[N+1]. In your picture on the slide titled "Bit ordering
sequence", I would say that WORD[N] would wind up in
BYTE3 thru BYTE0 and I would say that WORD[N+1] would wind
up in BYTE7 thru BYTE4. Do you agree?

In your "State machine notation conventions" slide, your
definition of tx_tobe_coded states: "the most recently
received TXD word in the 35:0 bit locations". To me, the
"most recently received TXD" would correspond to WORD[N+1]
in my definition above.

I guess what I'm missing is a bit to byte map. I picture
bits [35:0] corresponding to BYTE3 thru BYTE0 but these
should hold WORD[N].

Thanks,
Ben

--