Source centered vs source sync

Hi,

One problem I found in implementing source synchronous design is that we need
to adjust timing by inserting buffers. When worst case to best case ratio
of delays
are high, this becomes a tough problem to solve (especially when available
time is
a few ns). In centered clock case, this does not become a problem. There may be
still buffers in clock/data paths but they track each other under various
conditions.
To take example of FC vs. GMII timings, I have found GMII timings (which are
source sync.) much difficult to implement compared to FC (which is source
centered).

Regards,
Tripathi.

At 01:25 AM 9/26/00 -0700, you wrote: