Re: XAUI AC coupling

Colleagues-

Perhaps Ms. Thaler wasn't blunt enough. I will be

1) XAUI is not a required compatibility interface for 802.3af

2) As such we shouldn't even be doing it.

3) Popular opinion has decreed that the group will do it.

4) I believe the agreement was to do a single XAUI spec.

5) If XAUI has ANY options beyond "This 10 GbE part complies with the
optional XAUI interface specification" then XAUI will NOT achieve its goal
of providing XAUI single point compatibility.

6) Since it is obvious from the discussion that there would be no consensus
on a DC level, the logical result is that the single agreed-upon interface
must be AC coupled.

Geoff

"Options are the curse of Standards"