Re: 64B/66B Control Codes Mapping & Bit Order

Ben and Pat,

Your exchange makes me feel old and crusty.  22.2.3.2.1 was written a mere
7 years ago!  But that is an eon in internet years, so now it is part of the
"long history" of ethernet standards, having earned its way into the
hallowed scripture.

It's like having one of your kindergarten finger paintings hung in the
Sistine Chapel.

The message to all of you whippersnappers out there is that you should
be very careful about what you write. Someday, it might be treated as
gospel, even if you didn't have a clew when you wrote it.  The other
message is that precedent is a wonderful guide, but you don't have
to be a slave to it. Better ideas come along every day, and those who
went before you may have made their decisions on the basis of less
information than you possess today.

Please pass the tapioca and warm milk.

Howard Frazier
DomiNet Systems, Inc.