Re: WIS Loopbacks

Tim,

The clause as it is currently written is not capable of
sending the AIS condition. Also, sending all ones or all
zeros doesn't require a full WIS transmit function.
This can simply be a conditional input to the PMA Service
interface. This allows the (one and only) transmit
function to continue to be used for generating the SONET
frame to be looped back to the WIS receive function.

Is it your recommendation that the WIS be modified to
include the capability of sending AIS (for loopback or
other indications? This was not voted on yesterday during
the WIS clause discussion so will have to be brought up
in front of P802.3ae this afternoon to become part of D2.0.

Regards,
Ben

--
Benjamin Brown