RE: Local Fault/Remote Fault

Happy New Year to all!  Now back to work, only 2 days left...

Boaz,

I believe there is no path between the transmit path and the receive
path.

If a device detects a fault condition in the transmit path, it should
attempt to send
Local Fault on its transmit output bus, i.e., in the direction toward
the media.

If a device detects a fault condition in the receive path, it should
attempt to send
Local Fault on its receive output bus, i.e., in the direction toward the
RS.

Steve Finch

Boaz Shahar <boazs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 12/31/2000 01:43:00 AM