Re: why two different coding schemes ?

Jagmit,

The 8B10B code is the old Fibre Channel coding scheme that was adopted by
802.3 for GbE.  Even though a new coding scheme was developed specifically
for 10GbE, there was enough support for the old coding scheme within the
Task Force that a special PHY was approved so that development of higher
speed components would continue.  As for a good future market reason for
keeping 8B10B, only time will tell.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum