preamble management attributes

Hi Brad,

At 11:46 AM 03/29/2001 -0800, Booth, Bradley wrote:

>I guess I'm just surprised that preamble has suddenly become so important.
>To me, the Ethernet frame has always been more important to the MAC than the
>Ethernet packet.  If we're going to put so much importance on the preamble,
>then should we be added management attributes for it?
>
>Thanks,
>Brad

I support you to add management attribute for preamble in
DTE MAC Sublayer Management facilities Subclause with
object preambleError with highest priority. Means if a frame with
bad preamble length (less than 7 bytes for MAC) and/or no
SFD byte is received the frame is dropped by the MAC and only
counter incremented for the dropped frame.

For that matter I have changed the thread for further comments
if this is to proceed.

Thanks,
Sanjeev