RE: Inter-frame transmission length

Bob, Pat,

Thanks for the clarifications.
In my questions I was of course referring to the average MINIMUM IPG length.
I understand that implementing the D1.1 IPG table (Table 46-4) correctly,
fulfills the requirements of 46.3.1.4 2)  in D3.0 (please correct me if I'm
wrong!).
I did the calculations, and both methods seem to do the same in full
bandwidth case.

I wander if implementing section 46.3.1.4 method 1), which causes loss of
bandwidth, will be accepted by the manufacturers and customers. Using it can
cause congestion (and loss) of packets if a system receives full bandwidth
packets with average IPG using method 2), and transmits them using method
1).
Wouldn't it be wiser to remove method 1)?

Lior.