Re: [802.3ae] a bit concerned...

Brad,

As a customer that gets information individually from the vendors,
including transceiver vendors, I have concerns over the discrepancy with
OEM vendors that are pushing to develop the LAN PHY early instead of the
WAN PHY and the ability of the transceiver vendors ability to deliver the
WAN PHY PMD earlier than the LAN PHY PMD.  The issue that I have seen is
stability at the higher signaling rate of the LAN PHY.  I am saying this in
general context, not commenting on any one or group of  system, component,
or PMD vendors.

This could make for some discrepancies in the ability to do feasibility
and/or inter-operability testing, perhaps even in September.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum