Re: [802.3ae] Wan Interface Sublayer

Mike,

The 10GbE WAN PHY in internally rate controlled.  It uses a 64/66 block
encoding to map into the WIS overhead.  The 10GbE WAN PHY is designed to be
compatible with SONET and SDH.

10GbE over SONET is not internally rate controlled.  It depending on the
coding scheme, it may be one that was rejected by P802.3ae.  It is not
compatible with SDH.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum