RE: [802.3ae] Wan Interface Sublayer

	Gotcha.  Enlightenment is imminent.  A few more thoughts and
questions.

	It seems to me that the need for an ELTE means that WIS and SONET
networks must remain separated.  This being the case, I don't see a general
use for WIS.  In other words, I see WIS as useful to do this:

                        _____
                   ____/     \____
                __/               \
               /        SONET      \_
         +---> |        cloud        \ <---+
         |      \_____           ____/     |
         |            \_________/          |
      +--+---+                          +--+---+
      | ELTE |                          | ELTE |
      +--+---+                          +--+---+
         |                                 |
  +------+---------+              +--------+-------+
  |      W         |              |        W       |
  |                |              |                |
  | 802.3ae switch |              | 802.3ae switch |
  |                |              |                |
  | R     R     R  |              | R     R     R  |

	But I do not see any other reason for WIS usage, since it requires
more parts (and therefore cost, and power) and has a slower data rate than
its R counterparts.  Am I missing something here?

/|/|ike