RE: [802.3ae] Proposed modifications to CJPAT

Ben - see within.

Thanks again, Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Brown [mailto:bbrown@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 8:46 AM
To: Lindsay, Tom
Cc: stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3ae] Proposed modifications to CJPAT

Tom,

So, let me ask the question again:

Your description of little endian format means lane
4 is on the left and lane 1 is on the right, correct?

>>TAL - correct.

When you mention lane 1 should have been lane 4, etc.,
this was referring to your description around the
patterns, correct?

>>TAL - yes, I was only referring to the description in my original
email in this thread.

One more thing: Clause 47 talks about lanes 0-3, not
lanes 1-4. I presume there is a mapping between them. :)

>>TAL - I should have let you review this before I sent it! I want to be
completely consistent with Figure 47-2. Yes, there is mapping. I should
re-publish the original email with the appropriate corrections.

Tom

Regards,
Ben

"Lindsay, Tom" wrote:

> Ben -
>
> Good question and point. In my notes and in my words below, I have
them
> backwards. The pattern listings and CRC calculations are okay, but
>   when I said lane 1, I should have said lane 4;
>   when I said lane 2, I should have said lane 3;
>   when I said lane 3, I should have said lane 2;
>   when I said lane 4, I should have said lane 1.
>
> Per our discussions and to avoid confusion, I am not advocating little
> endian format for a final listing in the document - maybe I should
have
> flipped things in the first email. However, at this time, I am trying
> be consistent in my terminology and format in the pattern spreadsheet.
>
> Thanks for the catch.
>
> Tom

CJPAT

--