[802.3ae] Regarding Sequence ordered sets (Clause 48)

All,

    I have a question regarding Sequence ordered sets. Is it possible for sequence ordered sets to appear in the middle of a data frame?

    Clause 46.3.4 (lines 27-29) says that the RS can possibly truncate a MAC frame being transmitted to generate Remote Fault Status over the transmit path. I would like to know if this means that there will be a sequence ordered set inserted in the middle of the MAC frame or will the MAC frame be terminated (by sending a Terminate control character) before the Sequence ordered set is inserted in the transmit path.

Thanks,
Naresh Raman.
LSI Logic.