Re: [802.3ae] WIS status 2 register

Ramakant

You are correct. We do not mandate that a misbehaving MDIO controller has to
return non-<10> for the device present bits. In fact, a misbehaving MDIO
controller may well return <10> for these bits.
This is one of those logic cases where the return of non-<10> means that the
MMD is definitely not working correctly, but the return of <10> means that the
MMD may or may not be working correctly.

Ed