Isolated lasers vs. high-return-loss receivers

Hello,

While we discuss the merits of using isolated lasers vs. stub-based
receivers, I thought it would be useful to ask - does anyone know of a
well-characterized, large scale implementation of fiber optic links
that used high-return-loss receivers (receptacled, not pigtailed), in
preference over isolated lasers?

This is not a rhetorical question; if such links are implemented, and
if the field experience is reported, we can learn something.

Thanks,
Vipul

vipul.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx
(408)542-4113