Re: Random jitter bandwidth and minimum width pulses

Dawson,

You are correct, the occurance of RJ giving an amplitude greater that
the 100ps should then be the BER, but to expect a minimum pulse width to
also occur is a little unexpected. You generated this gaussian in matlab
so I understood, by using a transfer function from the random number
generated; perhaps you would like me to take a look at it. IŽll dig out
my Gaussian function and send it to you in return.

I certainly do not think that we should be introducing a filter on to
this jitter as the assumption is that this RJ is white. In reality of
course it is a more a PLL filtered, 1/f3, 1/f2 and 1/f noise with a
superimposed white noise, but I donŽt think we should get into this yet.

Anthony.