RE: XAUI experts: Another XAUI issue that crossed my mind - help

Benny,
Valid 8B10B code-groups contauin either 5 "1", 5"0" or 4 1/0 and 6 0/1.
After transmission of one of the later, you're balancing it with one with
opposite polarity, so that on code-group boundary the polarity is +1 or -1
(RD-Running Disparity) at most. This limits the BLW to a very low value.
Boaz