Re: XAUI Related Issues

Hi Rich

Current 4 UI of skew is more than adequate for electrical skew.
My concern is skew granularity in presence of plugable module.
For completeness we need to breakdown the allocation.

We don't need to change the specifications, just divide the
skew across the link components.  Since the specification
is rather relax, I propose the following skew allocation
for the two application of XAUI as listed below:

Transceiver (Con. for Module):
XAUI TX-----Con---Module---Fiber---Module---Con------XAUI RX
         1ns     1nS                      1ns    1ns

Passive Backplane(Con. for Backplane):
XAUI TX ----Con-----------------------------Con------XAUI RX
         1ns                  2 ns                1ns

Thanks,

Ali

--
Ali Ghiasi
Broadcom Corp.
--
Ali Ghiasi
Broadcom Corp.
begin:vcard
n:Ghiasi;Ali
tel;cell:(949)290-8103
tel;fax:(408)501-8408
tel;work:(408)922-7423
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Broadcom;Optical Transport
version:2.1
email;internet:aghiasi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Principal Scientist
adr;quoted-printable:;;3151 Zanker Road=0D=0A		;San Jose;Ca;95134;
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Ali Ghiasi
end:vcard