From: Ali Ghiasi [mailto:aghiasi@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 10:10 AM
To: Jugnu Ojha
Cc: 'Ali Ghiasi'; Serial
Subject: Re: 10GBase-LR/LW Supporting 1550 nm

Hi Jugnu

I looked at three manufactures of InGaAs Photodiode which are
suitable for 10 Gig Operation and the responsitivity are as the
following for 1300nm and 1550 nm:

	1300 nm		1550 nm
mfg 1	0.9		0.8	A/W
mfg 2	0.8		0.85	A/W
mfg 3	0.95		1.0	A/W

Responsitivity between 1300 nm and 1550 is nearly identical.
Any overload need to be addressed similar to 1550 nm
case by adding in line attenuator, unless one build a
lower power version for SR.

Thanks,

Ali

--