RE: SJTP: Presentation

Ben - good work. It captures the essence of the discussions.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Under objectives, we also trying to guard against inappropriate frequency
response somewhere (usually high frequency ISI or baseline wander due to
poor low frequency response, improper gain loop, etc.).

2. Under tests, we also need a pattern for eye masking. This pattern may be
different than all others, depending on the intent of the eye mask
requirements.

For #2 - at a minimum, the pattern must be short (even shorter than BER-type
tests) due to slow sampling rates on scopes, yet contain enough frequency
response to test the mechanisms that may limit the eye. The current draft
calls out 2^23 or 2^31 - I believe these are too long.

Is the intent of mask testing (and the corresponding mask values) to capture
"3-sigma" events? Only DDJ events? This is not clear to me at this time
(Sorry, I missed earlier discussions about mask testing).

Thanks, Tom Lindsay
Stratos
425/672-8005