From: DAWE,PIERS (A-England,ex1) [mailto:piers_dawe@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 6:02 AM
To: '802.3ae Serial'
Subject: From serial PMD call 5 June

Jitter spec numbers
-------------------
Opinion on the call was that:

0.35 UI of DJ was too much; nearer 0.3 UI would be fairer
0.015 UI of sigma_RJ was too little; 0.016 suggested
The extra 0.05 UI of sinusoidal jitter in the stressed sensitivity test
was
a significant burden.
Some believed that our draft jitter requirements are more demanding than
SONET.

Anthony Sanders suggested that the stressed eye should contain the
sinusoidal jitter as a component of the deterministic jitter, rather
than in
addition to it.  SJ is more stressful than "regular" DJ as its
probability
distribution is concentrated towards the extremes.  As these minutes may
not
represent the ideas correctly, Anthony would put some slides on the
reflector for discussion.  Also Ali Ghiasi may be able to offer some
information on CDR requirements (how many UI of eye opening needed).

Next Draft
Is expected 11 June.

Piers