RE: CRPAT / CJPAT Pattern Question

Pat - Good stuff. I knew flipping disparty wasn't exactly the same as
flipping bits, but it appears you have taken a specific look at it. I
had not.

I just now looked at CJPAT. Flipping disparity indeed bit-flips the 7E
bytes, but does not flip the B5 bytes. The other transition bytes are
compromised.

[Actually, this raises a question - were the disparities going to be the
same or different anyway? I assume each lane manages its disparity
independently, but I had always assumed the disparities would be the
same... ]

Anyway, I was trying to think of a compromise that left the orignal
pattern cores intact, straightforward to avoid the significant time to
build a new pattern that best optimized bit flips vs. those cores, and
stayed within 1518 bytes. So the question on this proposal is whether it
flips enough bits to be sufficiently valuable?

I also had the thought that we could pattern-shift the core by 90
degrees in each lane. This, ~like the other proposal, would keep the
same content in each lane as the original core, but would provide
potentially more randomized -and more realistic- crosstalk. Again, this
raises the disparity question above, but it should be less important
here.

Tom