AW: [802.3ae_Serial] another question on pattertn defined in the current draft:

Hi,
The issue is that there is effectively no error in the Sonet Hierarchy but
one or multiple alarms (which could be very misleading) are raised in the
transport network and may be some K bytes in addition may be mis-interpreted
without any reason in this domain by a simple management action outside of
the transport section. I can agree if somebody states that AIS is not the
complete correct signal as this should be an Unequipped condition, however
AIS is the easiest signal that, avoids management interaction problems.
Regards Juergen