From: Hackert, Michael J [mailto:HackertMJ@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 11:57 AM
To: 'stds-802-3@xxxxxxxx'
Cc: 'Paul Hale (IEC WG4)'
Subject: 1/23/01 IEC / TIA Reference Receiver Symposium Invitation

You are cordially invited to a Symposium on Reference Receiver
Calibration January 23, 2002.  Meeting details are included in the
attached announcement.

System standards have referred for years to receivers which need to be
used for measurement of optical system parameters such as BERT, jitter,
and eye diagrams.  Advent of new high speed receivers has made it clear
that great care is required to ensure that the measurements are correct.
The objective of this symposium is to get the world's technical experts
together to present their understanding of the testing which use these
receivers and their performance requirements.  Your participation in
helping to make the calibration document, which will be the product of
this activity, a success is greatly appreciated.

Please respond to Paul Hale, NIST (hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, 303-497-3387)
or Mike Hackert, Corning (hackertmj@xxxxxxxxxxx, 607-974-3063) with your
interest and presentation materials.

 <<TIA ref recvr session invitation.doc>>

Michael J. Hackert, Chair
TIA FO 6.1.10, IEC TC86 WG4