From: owner-stds-802-3-hssg-serialpmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-hssg-serialpmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Lindsay, Tom
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 4:01 PM
To: 802. 3ae Serial PMD (E-mail)
Subject: [802.3ae_Serial] Support for 10GFC

Folks - 10G Fibre channel intends to use 10G Ethernet PMDs but for a
rate that is 2% faster. For serial, this would mean 10.51875 Gbd;
for LX4, this would mean 3.1875 Gbd per lane.

As a modeling approximation, I modified cell C4 in
10GEPBud3_1_16a.xls to the FC rates. Margins stay positive for
all -S variants, but go negative for:
  -0.05 dB for 1310 serial
  -0.21 dB for LX4

Possibly any of these are within spreadsheet margin for error, but
is there willingness to increase the power budget to drive these
margins back positive?

Tom
Stratos NW
425/672-8035 x105