[802.3ae_Serial] Information for Feb 11,12 test methods lab

In association with the IEEE 802.3ae serial PMD interim meeting February 13
and 14, a test bed will be set up for those interested in verifying the test
methodologies currently being considered for clause 52.  It is intended that
participants bring their own transceivers for this verification process.
The test bed used to generate the results I reported in Raleigh will be
available.  The new methodologies are under construction and will be
available in the form we are able to achieve between now and the 11th.  The
location is the Agilent Technologies Test and Measurement Lightwave
Division, which is identical to that of the interim meeting (Feb 13 and 14).
The dates are February 11 and 12.  Another message with basic meeting
logistics was sent to the serial PMD reflector and will be posted on the
IEEE website.

Time is short and several issues need clarification to make this a
successful event and move the standard forward.  Although this is a public
event, it is likely that parties may be interested in verifying the test
methods via their transceivers without the results being made public.  To
this end we would propose that specific time slots be allocated to those
interested.  If non-disclosure agreements are in order, we would support
this.  In addition to securing a specific time slot, it will also be
necessary to know what equipment is required to operate your devices.  In
general, we plan to have the data pattern signals necessary (including
stress) to stimulate transceivers and the ability to receive signals for
measurement.  In addition, we will also have general purpose DC power
supplies available.

In summary, if you plan on testing devices, please let me know what your
requirements will be as soon as possible and if you have any preferences for
a time slot.  We need this information by February 1.  If there are other
issues you think we might be able to help with, or you have concerns or
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We will make our
best effort to accommodate you.

Greg LeCheminant

Agilent Technologies Lightwave Division
M/S A1UA