[802.3ae_Serial] From serial PMD call 18 Mar: measurement plan for stressed sensitivity feasibility

We discussed what lab work was needed.  I took an action to write it up but
Stretch has done that, at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/10G_study/public/serial_adhoc/email/msg00590.html .
Tom sent out the stressed eye recipe
http://www.ieee802.org/3/10G_study/public/serial_adhoc/email/msg00589.html
which is to go into draft 4.2 (to be at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d4.2/index.html ).  Tom's diagram did
not survive the reflector and I haven't managed to compress it, but should
turn up in D4.2 today.

Greg suggested that to improve the consistency of the measurements, a test O
to E converter (model 11982) with a 7.5 GHz filter could go on a round robin
between the different labs.  Please contact Piers (or Greg?) if interested
in this.

It would be great if we could similarly send a stressed eye generator filter
(anticipated bandwidth around 4 GHz) on a round robin; not sure if one will
become available in time.

Participants with certain (all?) Agilent scope plug-ins can contact Greg
with model number and serial number, and he will see if the bandwidth is
recorded in the factory records.

Greg will look to see if the same thing can be done with the receivers,
model 83434A.

Tom asked that we assess the impact of the +/-5ps decision timing offset in
our TDP measurements: if it is insignificant we could cost reduce the test
by deleting it.

Present
-------
Piers Dawe		Agilent SPG
Peter Ohlen		Optillion
Tom Lindsay		Stratos
Adam Healey		Agere
Juergen Rahn	Lucent
Greg LeCheminant	Agilent T&M

Next phone meeting
Today! Tuesday 19 March, at the usual time and coordinates:
	4:15 pm GMT = 17:15 CET = 11:15 am EST = 8:15 am PST
	+1(816)650-0631  Access code 39209

Piers