From: DAWE,PIERS (A-England,ex1) [mailto:piers_dawe@agilent.com]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 3:13 AM
To: Lindsay, Tom
Cc: 802.3ae Serial
Subject: RE: From serial PMD call, 15 May

Tom,

At present the draft standard, and the link model, start with the
unfiltered
rise time.  The link model converts this into 10-90% rise time in box
P4,
"Ts(10-90)", which is used (box F14 and column F) to create filtered
10-90%
rise times in box G14, ("Tc" at 2 m) and column G.  These are used to
calculate ISI and other penalties.

I hope that this addresses your question,

Piers