AW: Experimental & modelling on risetime/jitter/mask

Hi,
Did you measure the RJ also and what was the RIN in this experiment?
Let me try to understand the result: There is a penalty of up to 2 dB for
this DJ. This seems to be in line in a linear way with the 1 dB at 0.15UI
penalty coming out of ITU. So this seems to be no surprise. The problem I
see now is where to allocate this penalty in the power budget. The ISI
penalty you mention , is this thought to be related to dispersion ISI? If
yes, than due to the understanding in this group that dispersion effects
closing the eye horizontally are jitter, this could be accounted for this.
However the remaining DJ  needs to be allocated in the power budget (If we
do not lower the DJ value) where I see not any room on the receiver side.

Regards Juergen