RE: [802.3ae_Serial] Optical Fiber type

Tim,

The IEC 60793-2 specification has been revised to provide updated fiber
specifications; IEC 86A/657/CDV closed in May of this year and should be
published soon.

B.1.3 is a dispersion unshifted single-mode fiber with low water peak
attenuation, allowing one to extend the range of possible transmission
signals using 1310nm optics to portions of the band above 1360nm and below
1530nm.

Regards,

Steve Swanson
Coring Inc.