Re: [STDS-802-3-25G] Presentation for IEEE 25G Meeting in San Antonio

Steve,

As you know, we’ve got a lot of consensus in this project and interest in moving the project forward  as quickly as we can.  We’ve seen this with active ad hoc meetings continuing to happen weekly since September.

You are correct that we exist as a Study Group until after the plenary and Nescom approval, so no substantive decisions can be made until we meet as a task force.  However, as discussed at the Sept interim meeting, there is definite interest in progressing the technical discussions and consensus building at this week’s plenary meeting with the goal to be able to get to better refined proposals once we hit Task Force.

For those who are on the ad hoc going on right now, they will have heard me summarize the plan for next week.  We have a full day of technical contributions that we should be able to cover on Tues Nov 4th.  We will convene on Wed morning to (hopefully briefly) close off the responses to the other WG chairs on our SG documentation.  This should free people who  to primarily attend the 802.3bs on Wed/Thurs.  I’ve worked with John D’Ambrosia to see if we can coordinate topics and he is trying to shift his electrical topics to the Wednesday to minimize the overlap for people wanting to cover both groups on that topic.  Having said that John has a challenging agenda to manage, so it may not be as clean as we would hope.

Basic summary, I expect we will be having some good and well attended technical discussions on Tuesday for the 25 Gb/s Ethernet Study group and I look forward to making some good progress on the technical discussions (but no decisions).

Mark