[802.3_B10GAUTO] P802.3cy (B10GAUTO) Status Update

Colleagues,

At the IEEE 802.3 Working Group teleconference interim meeting today, the WG
approved our project documents:

Objectives:

Approved by unanimous consent

Project Authorization Request (PAR):

Y: 112 N: 1 A: 3

Criteria for Standard Development (CSD)

Y: 109 N: 0 A: 1

The objectives only require approval by the IEEE 802.3 WG. The CSD requires
approval by the IEEE 802.3 WG and the IEEE 802 Executive Committee. The PAR
requires approval by the IEEE 802.3 WG, the IEEE 802 Executive Committee
(EC) , the IEEE-SA New Standards Committee (NesCom) and the IEEE-Standards
Association Standards Board (IEEE-SASB).

The PAR and CSD will be voted on by the IEEE EC on the May 28th EC
teleconference. The PAR will be voted on by NesCom on June 2, and by the
IEEE-SASB on June 4. Once the PAR is approved, the P802.3cy Task Force will
start its work.

The IEEE EC is working on plans for a virtual July plenary. What this will
comprise is not yet known. Once the July status becomes clear, we will
schedule TF interim and ad hoc teleconferences.

Thank you for your patience as we learn how to progress our work
"virtually."

Regards,

Steve

Steven B. Carlson
Chair, P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Task Force
Chair, Beyond 10 Gb/s Automotive Electrical PHYs Study Group
Executive Secretary, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
President
High Speed Design, Inc.
Portland, OR