[802.3_B10GAUTO] P802.3cy ad hoc update

Dear P802.3cy participants,

Thanks to everyone who participated yesterday.  We had some valuable discussions on cables, connectors, important characteristics, tradeoffs with the PHY, etc.  Please see the meeting minutes for a summary of yesterday's discussion.  You can also use the reflector to continue the discussion instead of waiting for the next meeting.

Please see the updated todo list.  I have made changes based on some presentations that have been delayed and some new presentations that are being planned for the next meeting.

Based on the current plan, we expect to have at least 5 presentations for October 14.  I expect that we won't have time to review this many presentations and have enough time for discussion so another ad hoc call has been scheduled for October 21st.  This meeting is available on the 802.3 meeting calendar.  The presentations will be divided between the two meetings based on availability of the presentation and the topic.  If others are planning a presentation for this month, please let me know so that we can plan accordingly.

Currently our "Procedure for Presenters" assumes no more than one meeting (series) in a month as it is based on the traditional Interim/Plenary meeting cycle.  Since most of our work is being done in ad hoc calls while we can't meet F2F, we are requesting that you use the following naming convention for your ad hoc presentations.

presenter_last_name_3cy_presentation_number_month_day_year  (e.g. wienckowski_3cy_01_10_14_20)

Keep up the great work!

Natalie Wienckowski
General Motors
P802.3cy ad hoc Chair