[802.3_B10GAUTO] P802.3cy ad hoc meeting follow-up

Colleagues,

Following the ad hoc meeting discussion; I suggest when we mean "link segment", we say "link segment".

If I understand correctly, methods for restricting micro-reflections in jonsson_3cy_01_12_08_20.pdf would yield restricting reflections in "link segments" characterized as residual return loss (TBD). Towards baseline, residual return loss would be specified as a link transmission parameter (using 802.3ch terminology).

XXX.X Link segment characteristics
XXX.X.X Link transmission parameters
XXX.X.X.X Residual Return loss
Brief description on residual return loss...In order to limit the noise at the receiver due to residual return loss.....

Regards, Chris