[802.3_B10GAUTO] presentations on micro-reflections

All,

At next week’s meeting, I am planning to present two presentations on micro-reflections:

The first one is about method for evaluating micro-reflections and the second one is about specific limit values.

We have been talking about this subject since July, and I think those discussing it are close to consensus on the method, perhaps with some differences on the exact parameters and limits to use.  Therefore, I have divided the presentation into two parts – one on the method (and corresponding Matlab® code), and one on my suggested parameters.

I have drafted a description of the method in a style similar to other such methods in IEEE Std 802.3. (see, for example, Clause 126, the ALSNR criterion).

We have been discussing micro-reflections for a long time now, and I would like us to make more progress on this issue. Therefore, I am proposing to adopt the method into the draft.  At the meeting I would like to make the motion:

Our agreed process requires advanced notice, so in discussions with our Chair, I have agreed that if anyone objects to considering this motion at the March 16 (Tuesday) meeting, desiring additional time to review, I will hold off the motion until the next 802.3cy meeting.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, to make sure people have advance notice, even if it is shorter that it should be.

Ragnar